Friday, November 13, 2009

"Thankfulness in His choosing"

     Do you know what I can't stop thinking about?! That way back before the world was ever created the “Council of the Trinity” was having a great time talking about our lives! I mean, They knew what our lives would look like. They knew what we would or wouldn't do. They chose us. They were already delighting in us way back even before we were born! The wanted us. We are their beloved! We can't change these facts whether we want to or not. And nothing can change this by what I do or don't do! Delight and pure love regardless. I stand before Him in utter humbleness and gratitude.
     These truths recently became fresh and renewed my soul at a women's retreat this past September and I can't stop thinking about it. But then I also think, how would I live differently if I truly understood the extent of these truths? For example,

- Would I fear leading Sunday School or something else in Polish?

- Would I care what others thought of me from day to day?

- How would I relate differently to my family members?, etc. …

     Of course, Satan tries to shoot those fiery darts, and I have to remember that His choosing is always the best and in His choosing, I can be thankful.

Here are a few more items of thankfulness:

 Yesterday was Poland’s Independence Day. They are thankful to once again becoming an independent statehood in 1918 after 123 years of bieng “wiped off the map”. Poland had been partitioned to Austria-Hungary, Germany and Russia. Nov. 11 commemorates Poland’s return to a free country.

 We are thankful that God chose us to serve Him in Poland at this time and place.

 God has chosen the people we are working with now and in the future those inside and outside the church plant.

 God has chosen who is on the team Our broader support team as well as the local Lubin Regional Impact Team.

 For a church plant that has a growing passion for our Savior and a passion to serve Him with every aspect of their lives. It's been a lot of fun because we've gotten to know each other a lot better. We all usually stay after the service and talk for at least an hour or more! We have good discussions and fellowship after the service.

 Thankfulness for answered prayer! Several different Bible studies and prayer times have been started this Fall!

     May God give you a wonderful Thanksgiving. And, may you bask in His love this Christmas season!

With extreme thankfulness for YOU,

Paul, Carlene
Andrew, Aaron and Alaina

No comments: